Scientific Researchers were always in their constant effort of employing real methods for developing and identifying the potential hidden in the plants like spinach.
The main idea of saturating these plants with specific luminous bionic microtubes turned successful as it started emitting infrared light. Later, it was observed that this plant stopped glowing in the presence of certain chemical molecules which makes it an excellent choice for representing the presence of explosives in any place.
On further examining with new and strange methods, the thought of modified spinach came into life. In fact, plants grow up by absorbing the water content from the soil using their roots and this reaches every stem and leaf of the same with spending much of its energy. Thus, the explicit notion of using spinach as an automatic water-sampling method for the explosive detecting nanotubes came into existence.
Experiments proved that plants or vegetation apart from being used as food and clothing elements, has the natural impressive ability to be used as a technology source and that too in the complex way.
Here are a few more amazing applications of plants.
- The decontamination processes. The immense ability of plants to process water can be exploited for the purpose called “phytoremediation”. As it forms a known fact that the contaminants present in the soil are absorbed by plants along with their water intake and remains within them even after the water evaporates. Thus, this can be used for detoxification of chemicals from soil.
- Explosive making. Apart from peaceful nature, the plants do explode if has acid content in them that are exposed to direct sunlight for hours.
- Preparation of plastic bandages. Nitrated plants have polysaccharides or nitrocellulose in them that can be replaced as medicinal plastics and are adhesive in nature. PaySpi initiatives use this product for the natural treatment of their patients.
- Yummy veg meat. Plant species like peas and beans have leghaemoglobin in them that can be used as burger stuff.
- Nitrogen-fixing agents. Some legume plants have this ability that can be used for other scientific purposes.